CELPIP Speaking Task 4 (Prediction) - Useful expressions


Task 4 (Prediction) - Useful expressions

1) Guess phrase

 Task 4 needs to guess and explain the situation, it is a good idea to use multiple assumptions.

- I believe ~

- I suppose ~
- I guess ~
- What I assume is that ~
- I assume ~
- I expect ~ 
- It appears (to me) that ~
- It seems (to me) that ~
- It is apparent that ~
- It is considered that ~




2) Positive phrase

- be sure to ~ : He is sure to get the ballon for her

- be certain that ~ : It is certain that the police will arrive at the scene soon.
- be likely to ~ : It is (quite) likely to rain.
- be probable that ~ : It is (highly) probable that she will miss the train

3) Negative phrase

- Be unlikely that ~ : It is unlikely that the car is going to be fixed for the time being.
- Probably won't ~ : The road traffic probably won't be better any time soon.
- Definitely won't ~ : He definitely won't be satisfied with her apology.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CELPIP Speaking Task 3 (Describing a Scene)

CELPIP Writing Task 1 ( Writing an Email ) - Complaint tips with practice

CELPIP Writing Task 1 Guidelines