CELPIP Writing Task 1 ( Writing an Email ) - Complaint tips with practice


CELPIP Writing Task 1 - Complaint tips

(1) Sentences for complaint

When you start writing, you should start "Dear Sir/Madam" or for formal, start " To whom it may concern."

Complaint phrase

" I am writing to express my dissatisfaction with / concern about a food processor that I purchased in your store."
" I am writing to you to express my unpleasant experience in your restaurant last night."
" I would like to register a complaint about a noise I am having around where I live now."
" I am writing to complain about ..."
" I am writing in regard to ..."
" The reason I am writing to you is (a problem with ...)"
" I would like to bring the matter of ... to your attention."
" I would like to draw your attention to ..."
I understand that mistakes do happen,..."




(2) Practice writing complaint 

* Task Information

 - You visited the store to buy a fridge. You purchased a fridge, but the wrong fridge was delivered. Please email complaints about this.

* Write an email to the volunteer in about 150-200 words. Your email should do the following things


- Explain what's the happened you order fridge.
- Write what do you want to do for the wrong fridge.



Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to seek your help in fixing a problem. On Monday, Oct 14, 2018 I purchased the above fridge from your Some Street location. John Doe was my sales representative.

As you can see from the attached bill of sale, I had purchased the fridge in stainless steel, which was more expensive than the black model. However, the fridge delivered on Oct 24th to our home was black.

I understand that mistakes do happen, and I look forward to a quick resolution to this situation. Please telephone me to make arrangements for the delivery of the stainless steel fridge we have purchased, and to have the black model removed. If for some reason this fridge is not available, I will accept a full refund.

I have been a customer of ABC Company for many years, and I hope to have this resolved so that I can continue to shop in your store.

Please call me at 123-4567 as soon as possible to make the arrangements. 

Sincerely,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CELPIP Speaking Task 3 (Describing a Scene)

CELPIP Writing Task 1 Guidelines